RSV

The past few days have been quite a rollercoaster for us. The girls were both sick with what was initially diagnosed as colds (plus a double ear infection for Phoenix and thrush for Valorie).

Valorie worsened a LOT overnight, her o2 hovered around 90-93 and she refused feedings for 14 hours. We took her in to the pediatric urgent care again Friday morning and she tested positive for RSV, but the UC doctor insisted we needed to manage it at home and syringe feed her. My gut did not feel right about this, so we chose to take her to Children’s.

Upon arrival her o2 was in the mid 80s, she was an ashy purple color, and had mottled skin so they admitted her immediately. She is currently on oxygen and receiving fluids, plus hourly suctions. She also got an infusion of antibiotics for an ear infection that urgent care completely missed. They’ve done a chest x-ray and ran a blood panel.

We are waiting to be taken up to our room in the PICU now. We will be here overnight, possibly for a few days until we are out of the woods. This is extremely scary and very triggering for any parents, but especially for us having lost an infant before. She is so little, her 4 week old little body is so tired.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s